How to get started with an Auto-Adjust Workflow:
- If you haven’t done so already, create a Flowsana account here.
After you’ve created an account and received an email that your account is set up, go to My Workflows on the Flowsana website. Click Create a new Flowsana workflow. Select Auto-Adjust DueDate-Based Workflow. From the dropdown list, select the project that you want to put under workflow control. Depending on whether you want all subtasks to participate in the workflow or not, make the appropriate selection from the Apply this workflow to dropdown list. Click Put Selected Project Under Flowsana Workflow.
- If your desired project isn’t in the dropdown list, click on Add NEW projects from Asana and wait a few minutes until you get an email that your projects list has been refreshed.
- Wait a few minutes until you get an email that the project has been fully prepared by Flowsana. That’s it! You can now change task due dates and watch Flowsana adjust its dependents/subtasks accordingly.
- For Auto-Adjust Workflows to work, you need to set up dependencies between your tasks. Otherwise, Flowsana will not know what tasks to adjust. If you aren't familiar with setting up dependencies, you can read about dependencies in the Asana Guide.
- If you plan to use the Asana Timeline view to shift tasks around in a project with an Auto-Adjust Workflow, please turn off Asana's date auto-shifting by disabling the 'Prevent dependency conflicts' option. Here's how: https://asana.com/guide/help/tasks/dependencies#gl-dates-toggle. Otherwise, Asana's auto-shifting can interfere with Flowsana.